What’s up everybody its Paul Shakuri here with a door to door mastery video. In this video, ill be answering a question from Jacob. Let’s get started! So I’m going to review the email and there’s a lot I want to cover with you. No matter what you sell you can learn a lot from this video. Jacob Lyles owns a handyman business and he is having problems marketing his business. He’s never done door to door sales and never has been successful at pursuing it.
First off all of that is a hundred percent normal.
Not everyone starts off doing well on the door to door sales. In the back of your head, you believe door to door sales is going to be good for your business. The door to door sales for your business does work well. I have lots of clients that do well with it. So I’m going to give you feedback on what to do and what type of mindset you need to have. Now does it work for everyone? It could! The first thing you need to understand is that if you want to commit to doing door to door sales you have to give your full self to it. You have to set time aside, for one year you would put 6 to 8 hours a day aside from these specific dates and holding yourself accountable for doing the following;
- You must put yourself out there to acquire the skills
- You must do it over and over again to learn the tactics and techniques
- Must give the time and invest in door to door
- You must give it time and understand that it will not always work right from the beginning. Hence, patience is key!
- Understand what sales is, how it works!
Approaches to selling door to door in regards to opening pitches;
- Knock on the door
- Stand far back
- Begin building a relationship with the potential customer!
- Are you the owner of the property? I just wanted to let you know I’ve been here for the past three weeks helping people with some issues they have been having. I just want to leave my card and a flyer in case you might get stuck and need a handyman. Then ask them what their name is and start a conversation with them.
- Make them feel a connection between you and the product you are marketing. Don’t feel bad about using this tactic. Give the customer one last chance to see if you can hold a meaningful conversation at the door.
- Make it personable! “I am the owner of the company. I’ve been doing it for 25 years. In the last five years when you had a water leak did you call several companies? Did you feel the person who fixed it completed the task? Did they do a good job? Were you satisfied with the job?”
- For handyman be general and specific about the different types of services you offer. Be personable! Fair! Reliable! Offer a warranty! Have Fair pricing! Finally, be trustworthy!
- Advertising mediums on social media does work but it costs money! It takes a lot of time and strategy. I wouldn’t recommend it at an early stage of the door to door sales.
- Who is your clientele? You have to approach those who have a problem with their services and need a handyman or who will pass your contact on. I suggest your clientele at the beginning focus on older neighborhoods, older turfs.
- You’re going to need to filter out emails and offers to your clienteles so they are aware of your marketing offers for homes.
- BEST ADVICE: Never ever say what your going hourly rate is! Do you want to dominate your area? Go out there saying… “I will quote you on the job and assure you it will be priced fair, let me diagnose the issue and give you an estimate of how many hours it will take and ill give you a discount of the work!” YOU WILL DOMINATE! SELL! SELL! SELL!
- Create an ID badge for yourself and your company so people feel comfortable letting you on to their property.
Thank you so much! Take care, everyone! God bless! Peace to you all!