1) Hey I sent one of my guys by from “YOUR COMPANY NAME” did they get in contact with you ? (right there you got the homeowners attention)
– They will respond no 99% of the time. Even if they say yes just move on.
2) The reason I stopped by is because there have been issues with the false alarms, were you informed about that?
– Again they will say no. At this point you have the customer’s attention. What you just did was shake them off their biased view that when you just rang there door bell that you were not just another salesman. Now that you got their interest they are in your hands… read on
At this point your opener is done and you are transitioning into your next step.
3) My company is going to be out here correcting issues with the older alarms starting next week.
4) What I am doing is looking for a few home owners that would be willing to help my company display a sign with our company logo and phone number displayed across it (give them the sign in there hand and point out the number and logo V.I.M.P don’t skip a step all is important).
– You just explained to the homeowner what you are doing, but they don’t clearly see why. Remember the key to selling alarms is to make what you are doing clear to the homeowner. I’m talking crystal clear. The second it makes sense to them there is no real reason why anyone should not want the alarm. Now we need to make clear to them why we are doing what we are doing.
5) The purpose of us putting that sign out is: when my sales reps are out here next week selling this new fix to the neighbors they will easily be able to have a few homes on the block to refer to by pointing to your sign. Does that make sense?
– Make sure the last sentence is used “does that make sense?” do not move on to the next step until it makes perfect sense.
6) What my company has done as an incentive for helping us advertise our sign in your yard is: pay to have a “EQUIPMENT BRAND”security system installed in your home. Does that make sense?
– Every time you say does that make sense and they seem hesitant, re explain your previous steps so it makes sense to them.
At this point they might come up with different things such as:
– So you mean this is totally free
– What is the monthly
– That is too good to be true
– What all do I get?
– Oh…. O.k. sure ya go ahead put the sign up
– Why me? I am still a little confused
You must be confident and revert their question back to the reason why you are giving them the system.
Remember the more you practice your pitch the smoother and better you will be at handling the objections.
Transition time, here is the end of step 2 and beginning of step 3
7) How many doors do you have entering and exiting your house?
– Here they will normally say two, not keeping in mind the 3rd door entering into the home from the garage. I use that scenario to my advantage like so:
B) You have a door coming into your home from your garage right? They will of course answer yes. I then say… perfect it makes me feel more comfortable protecting that door for you in the case you leave your garage door open and a burglar comes in from that door.
C) By the way is your back door a slider? That I need to take a look at and show you how we secure it.
– That is a simple way of getting in a customers house. I normally explain to them that the back sliding glass door is where most break-ins occur in my opinion due to how secluded homes normally are in the back.
After explaining to the customer what exactly he/she will be getting and how it will work, he/she will now have built up value in what it is you are selling. This is a high point in your sale and you should be on your way to the close of the sale.
Now that they know what they are getting they need to know how much they are going to be paying and for how long. Remember there is no better time to through in the monitoring charge then now. The reason being is they will easily be able to justify how much they are paying for what they are getting. If it is fresh in there head that they are getting the equipment you just explained to them, including the lifetime warranty, free move, and free installation, there decision to get the alarm will be easier. My last pointer about this step is make sure you really learn how to explain how good the product works. Really up talk how the system works. The better you explain to them how it works and show them, the easier it will be for them to justify getting the alarm.
So the last step 4: (Closing the sale)
This is the easiest best part of the sale.
So what time will you be home tomorrow ? They will respond normally ummm after 3 pm. You never want to immediately respond “ok perfect” or “ok that’s great” right away. Instead stop think for a second and even say “hmmmm after 3 hey ? . . . . well let me check with the office to see if we have a slot available after 3, lets go sit at your table to I can get some basic info from ya”.
Done congrats you made the sale from there you are writing up paperwork and getting the customers scheduled in for there install.
My friends I warn you this job is an addiction. The more you surround yourself around sales all-stars, the better you get and the more money you make. Here at door to door mastery your learning opportunity is endless. Remember you are what you make of yourself. Happy selling and I cannot wait to meet you.